How to settle asian handicaps

Discussion about Betmagnet
Betmagnet
Site Admin

How to settle asian handicaps

Post by Betmagnet »

This post is obsolete, you can now settle half wins and half losses automatically - please see the second post of this thread.

A function to automatically settle half won and half lost asian handicap is planned and will be available soon.

In the meantime, you can proceed as follows:

1. Half lost asian handicaps
E. g. you bet on Barcelona - Real Madrid ... pick Real Madrid AH +0.75 and Barcelona won the match 1:0 meaning you will get back one half of your original stake.
Go to slip edit on Betmagnet (click on [E] below the slip ID in the My Bets section) and set the pick odds to 0.5. Then settle the pick as win (OK).

2. Half won asian handicaps
E. g. you bet on Barcelona - Real Madrid ... pick Real Madrid AH +0.25 with the odds of 1.90 and the match ended 0:0 meaning one half of your bet is void (and thus one half of the stake will be returned) and one half of your bet wins.
Go to slip edit on Betmagnet (click on [E] below the slip ID in the My Bets section) and set the pick odds according to this formula: 1+(original odds-1)/2
In this particular case it means: 1+(1.90-1)/2 = 1+0.90/2 = 1+0.45 = 1.45
Then settle the pick as win (OK).

Thanks to josip22sb for raising the issue in our thread on BA.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Re: How to settle asian handicaps

Post by Betmagnet »

Automatic settling of asian handicaps

As of July 15, 2011, you can automatically settle half won and half lost asian handicaps by using the new links "AHh+" for half wins and "AHh-" for half losses to settle picks in the My Bets section or on the page of an individual slip.

Here is how it works:

Both for half wins and for half losses, the pick will be marked as won (OK) but its odds will be automatically adjusted as follows:

1. Half lost asian handicaps
E. g. you bet on Barcelona - Real Madrid ... pick Real Madrid AH +0.75 and Barcelona won the match 1:0 meaning you will get back one half of your original stake.
You settle the pick as "AHh-".
The pick odds will be set to 0.5. You will see the original odds of the asian handicap in smaller font below the adjusted odds on the page of the slip.
See http://www.betmagnet.com/my-bets_slip.php?id=9693

2. Half won asian handicaps
E. g. you bet on Barcelona - Real Madrid ... pick Real Madrid AH +0.25 with the odds of 1.90 and the match ended 0:0 meaning one half of your bet is void (and thus one half of the stake will be returned) and one half of your bet wins.
You settle the pick as "AHh+".
The pick odds will be adjusted according to this formula: 1+(original odds-1)/2
In this particular case it means: 1+(1.90-1)/2 = 1+0.90/2 = 1+0.45 = 1.45
You will see the original odds of the asian handicap in smaller font below the adjusted odds on the page of the slip.
See http://www.betmagnet.com/my-bets_slip.php?id=9696

If you later decide to settle the pick otherwise (win, loss, void, unsettle) you don't have to worry - the system remembers the original unadjusted odds of the pick and will use it for the new settlement.

If you are familiar with asian handicaps we hope you can easily understand this system and it should make your work easier.

Should you have any questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to ask right here or send us a note.
depo

Post by depo »

To be honest, I don`t like this odds halving feature. I prefer to see what were odds on that game. Just halve winning, but leave odds as they were.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

depo wrote:To be honest, I don`t like this odds halving feature. I prefer to see what were odds on that game. Just halve winning, but leave odds as they were.
Thanks for your opinion but we will leave this feature as it is. It is similar to the situation where you place a system bet, e. g. 2/3, and two out of the three picks on that slip win. The system then (after the settlement) recounts the odds of that slip according to the real winnings.

If you want to see the original odds on a half won/half lost asian handicap you can always click on the ID of the slip and go to the page where all the details of that slip are shown.
RoadToWealth

Post by RoadToWealth »

Hello. There is a problem i have discovered.

I put my bet in.
over 1.25 goals
the game ended 0-1.

so obviously i clicked on half loss and the money was correctly adapted. i lost half my stake BUT the system shows it as a winning bet. that must be changed pls.
it should be shown as a loss
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

RoadToWealth wrote:Hello. There is a problem i have discovered.

I put my bet in.
over 1.25 goals
the game ended 0-1.

so obviously i clicked on half loss and the money was correctly adapted. i lost half my stake BUT the system shows it as a winning bet. that must be changed pls.
it should be shown as a loss
We are sorry about this, but it will not be changed (at least not in any near future). The system operates on the premise that a losing bet means a bet with a return of 0. All bets that have some return are considered winning (or void if all picks on the slip are void).

We see that it might be misleading with bets containing half won/half lost asian handicaps or with system slips where some picks are losing and the payout is lower than the initial stake. However, this should not present a big problem. All that matters is money and as you said yourself, that is counted correctly. Thanks for your understanding.