Your ideas...

Discussion about Betmagnet
amok01

Re: Your ideas...

Post by amok01 »

You are right, my faul.

However, It's not posible to make it public when I'm entering the pick. Once the pick is registered, then you have to go to "See the pick" and then make it public. IT would be faster if there would be a option to make it public in the "New bet", at the same time that you enter the pick, the odds, the stake and this staff.

Regards
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:You are right, my faul.

However, It's not posible to make it public when I'm entering the pick. Once the pick is registered, then you have to go to "See the pick" and then make it public. IT would be faster if there would be a option to make it public in the "New bet", at the same time that you enter the pick, the odds, the stake and this staff.

Regards
You're right, we will consider adding this option. However we can't guarantee it because we would like to keep the form for creating a new betting slip as simple as possible...

Anyway, right after you create a new bet, you have 5 shortcut links on the confirmation page. The fourth of them is "View this bet..." so you can go to the slip's page directly from there.
amok01

Post by amok01 »

More ideas:

1- Something to check stats (number of picks, amout bet, profit and yield) clasified by: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... Then we could know interesting things as how much does the risk increase for exemple on weekends when more games are played, which is the avg. number of picks and the avg risk in those days, how good is our performance on that days we bet more in comparaision with others, etc...

2- I love to be able to check stats by odds, I really apreciate this tool and its very usefull, but I would also love to have some graphs with the bets progress also clasified by ranges. so then we could see the fluctuance of the bank depending on the odds range we have played.

Regards

Edit to ADD at point 2: Maybe only one graph would be better: one line for the overall profit (the same as we can see for dayly, monthly stats), and other lines with the profit or loss clasified by odds range. Then we could clearly see how the odds influenced the overall profit.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:More ideas:

1- Something to check stats (number of picks, amout bet, profit and yield) clasified by: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... Then we could know interesting things as how much does the risk increase for exemple on weekends when more games are played, which is the avg. number of picks and the avg risk in those days, how good is our performance on that days we bet more in comparaision with others, etc...

2- I love to be able to check stats by odds, I really apreciate this tool and its very usefull, but I would also love to have some graphs with the bets progress also clasified by ranges. so then we could see the fluctuance of the bank depending on the odds range we have played.

Regards

Edit to ADD at point 2: Maybe only one graph would be better: one line for the overall profit (the same as we can see for dayly, monthly stats), and other lines with the profit or loss clasified by odds range. Then we could clearly see how the odds influenced the overall profit.
Thank you. Idea 1 would probably be interesting for many users, we have put it into our to-do list.

We probably understand what you mean with idea 2 and it might bring some interesting plots, but at this point we believe it is too complicated. We think that the current split stats by odds are enough to get all the information you might need: you pick the timeframe and you immediately see how you were doing by odds ranges. If you need more specific stats, you just go to My Bets and filter any bets with any odds ranges you want. Also, once complex filtering becomes available in My Results section (which should happen in foreseeable future), you will be able to "play" with your stats by odds in a more sophisticated way.
amok01

Post by amok01 »

Yes, I can check the bets I've made between some days at certain odds, as you said, but I would also love to see it in a graphic to compare it with the overall profit "line" from a global and clear point of view. However, maybe it's not a "must do", just something "extra" but very valueble in my eyes. I would also love to see one graphic with the overall profit line and one more line for each tipster to compare de overall progress with the tipster's ones, but it's the same idea as the last one with the odds. I know we can check how % of the losses and profits is due to every tipster, but I think the graphic shows much faster and global point of view. After you check the graphic you can also search the detailed betting record using the filters you were talking about. So, despite I understand this is a secondary tool I also think they can be supplementaries and of course, very usefull.

Thanks for your answers and your wishes to improve it! Sorry if I post too much :D

Best Regards.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:Yes, I can check the bets I've made between some days at certain odds, as you said, but I would also love to see it in a graphic to compare it with the overall profit "line" from a global and clear point of view. However, maybe it's not a "must do", just something "extra" but very valueble in my eyes. I would also love to see one graphic with the overall profit line and one more line for each tipster to compare de overall progress with the tipster's ones, but it's the same idea as the last one with the odds. I know we can check how % of the losses and profits is due to every tipster, but I think the graphic shows much faster and global point of view. After you check the graphic you can also search the detailed betting record using the filters you were talking about. So, despite I understand this is a secondary tool I also think they can be supplementaries and of course, very usefull.

Thanks for your answers and your wishes to improve it! Sorry if I post too much :D

Best Regards.
No need to apologize, we are very happy that you are posting your ideas and opinions. We will adopt most of them sooner or later so it definitely contributes to further improvements of Betmagnet.

We understand your point of view and we agree with you that being able to see data in graphs is very valuable, however the particular idea of timelines by odds will remain at the bottom of our to-do list for now. But many other of your ideas and suggestions are at the very top ;)

Post by guest »

We run a site and looking for our handicappers picks to get auto graded each night. Is this something you can help with?
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

guest wrote:We run a site and looking for our handicappers picks to get auto graded each night. Is this something you can help with?
No, we do not have auto grading. A user has to settle his bets himself (it is very easy though - one click dynamic settling within a list of user's slips in My Bets section).
deancroberts

Post by deancroberts »

Hi,

Was wondering if it would be possible to add a strike rate calculation somewhere, this would be handy as I use it for recording my horse racing bets. Its very important to know what your strike rate is when working out what possible losing runs may be experienced.

Thanks

Dean
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

deancroberts wrote:Hi,

Was wondering if it would be possible to add a strike rate calculation somewhere, this would be handy as I use it for recording my horse racing bets. Its very important to know what your strike rate is when working out what possible losing runs may be experienced.

Thanks

Dean
Dear Dean, you can see the numbers of your won, lost and pushed bets in sections My Bets as well as My Results. To evaluate how you are doing with bets on favourites versus outsiders, you might find the subsection "By Odds" in My Results useful. You can define your own odds spans to have your bets split by.

If you want to filter your results by specific bet type, try entering your desired key words in the text filter in My Bets.

Please note that we are not exactly familiar with betting on horse racing (we specialize on "standard" sports betting) so we might have misinterpreted what you mean by "strike rate". You can explain it further or give us some examples of what you mean.