Your ideas...

Discussion about Betmagnet
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Your ideas...

Post by Betmagnet »

This is just a reminder that you can post any ideas to make Betmagnet better. It has been created by a professional punter utilizing thoughts from other professional punters to make keeping track of all bets as easy as possible and to provide all the important personal stats. The goal is to make the service even better over time so please share anything that comes to your mind ;)
depo

Re: Your ideas...

Post by depo »

I have noticed if I settle game and then edit details of that slip, it unsettles itself and goes back into MY BETS :?
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

depo wrote:I have noticed if I settle game and then edit details of that slip, it unsettles itself and goes back into MY BETS :?
That is true. The original idea when creating Betmagnet was that if you are editing an already settled slip you should make sure that it had been settled correctly because the mistakes you are correcting may affect the correct settlement.

The experience with using Betmagnet up to now makes us lean to changing this feature and leaving the slip settled after editing which is what you're probably suggesting. We would love to see more feedback on this issue from other users.

A plan for the - hopefully not very distant - future is to have a personal settings page where every user would be allowed to set Betmagnet's behaviour in this and some other cases by his/hers preference.
depo

Post by depo »

I usually make changes only to "Game and pick:", add unit stake or time of the game for my own reference. Also sometimes I will notice I made mistake and placed bet in different bookie, so I edit slip.

I think Betmagnet is fantastic piece of software! Just amazing guys! Keep up good work 8-)
Last edited by depo on Mon 19. 9. 2011, 09:12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle56

Post by Eagle56 »

depo wrote:I usually make changes only to "Game and pick:", add unit stake or time of the game for my own reference. Also sometimes I will notice I made mistake and placed bet in different bookie, so I edit slip.

I think Betmagnet is amazing piece of software! Just amazing guys! Keep up good work 8-)
The same here - usually I realise I had wrong bookie or source.
And a big thank you for an outstanding software.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

The change has been made: after editing, slips will remain settled as they were ;)
depo

Post by depo »

Huh, that was unexpectedly quick! :) Thank you so much 8-)

I would love to have one more thing, user defined top part. I have 13" laptop and that filtering block is huge, so I have to keep scrolling up and down to see bets. Is it possible to make it close or open by my own preference? Maybe a button at the top - once you click it, whole filtering block opens. I just never use it - wasted space on page.

Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

depo wrote:I would love to have one more thing, user defined top part. I have 13" laptop and that filtering block is huge, so I have to keep scrolling up and down to see bets. Is it possible to make it close or open by my own preference? Maybe a button at the top - once you click it, whole filtering block opens. I just never use it - wasted space on page.
I see your point, it is a good idea. We will probably implement it soon.
depo

Post by depo »

For me is more important to set date and time when game is on, rather than when I placed a bet.

Time when the slip was placed (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

Can you addd "Date & time of game"? I usually place bets way in advance, may days. Then I could sort them by days and see all Sunday games, Saturday etc.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

depo wrote:For me is more important to set date and time when game is on, rather than when I placed a bet.

Time when the slip was placed (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

Can you addd "Date & time of game"? I usually place bets way in advance, may days. Then I could sort them by days and see all Sunday games, Saturday etc.
When creating a new slip, you can enter the time of the start of each pick. This time can be different from the time when the slip was placed and from individual times of the other picks on that slip.

It is true that it then doesn't show or reflect anywhere but on the page of that particular slip. We will consider adding a filter for the time of the start of the pick to the My Bets section. But when it comes to your betting statistics in the My Results section, time of the slip (which really should be when you actually placed the bet) will always be decisive - that is the basic thought behind Betmagnet. The time when you made the bet is crucial because you put your money at risk at that time and you are playing with the odds current at that time and not at the time when a match actually takes place.

On the other hand, you can of course edit the time of the slip any way you like - you can set it in the future (to the time when the match you are betting on actually starts). We don't set any limits for your decision if you want to keep your stats this way but you have to set it yourself when creating or editing slips. (Also note that it may cause inaccuracies if you are betting in multiple currencies because the slip will be calculated with the latest exchange rates available.)