Your ideas...

Discussion about Betmagnet
Jimbo

Re: Your ideas...

Post by Jimbo »

Any chance to see what kind of bets I made under Bet types? I mean Over/Under, 1st Quarter winner, etc...
Thanks!
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

Jimbo wrote:Any chance to see what kind of bets I made under Bet types? I mean Over/Under, 1st Quarter winner, etc...
Thanks!
This is not planned for the near future. However, you can partly do it yourself.

E.g. if you are used to write "1st quarter" to the Game and pick column when you are entering a new slip and playing 1st quarter (e.g. you write "Dallas - Miami 1st quarter 1"), you can go to My Bets and write "1st quarter" to the Game and pick column (upper right corner of the filters). You can also use other filters (you probably at least have to set Results to all or settled to see your settled slips) and it will show you the stats from slips where you wagered on 1st quarter.
Eagle56

Post by Eagle56 »

Hi,
I have a suggestion - but - it only would be a nice to have - not a need to have.
If I filter my bets (mostly to sports) I have to filter for my next bets again. So - if its not a lot to program it would be great to have the options:
- Return to my bets and additionally
- Return to last used filter.
But as I said - no big deal if it would be lot to program to implement it.
And I also want to thank you again for this wonderful tool.
I use it every day and it really helps a lot to track my bets and find my weak spots in betting.
You really have done a great job :D
Kind regards
Eagle56
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

Eagle56 wrote:Hi,
I have a suggestion - but - it only would be a nice to have - not a need to have.
If I filter my bets (mostly to sports) I have to filter for my next bets again. So - if its not a lot to program it would be great to have the options:
- Return to my bets and additionally
- Return to last used filter.
But as I said - no big deal if it would be lot to program to implement it.
And I also want to thank you again for this wonderful tool.
I use it every day and it really helps a lot to track my bets and find my weak spots in betting.
You really have done a great job :D
Kind regards
Eagle56
Thanks for your kind words and for your ideas to make Betmagnet better. I believe you are talking about a possibility to be able to set the default filters which would automatically be used everytime you click on My Bets (currently the default filter is to show all your open bets) or even having something like filter templates in the My Bets section. This is something we are planning to introduce sooner or later.

You can already see "Quick Filters" in the upper right corner of My Bets which is something similar to this but you obviously can't set it to your link at the moment (there are just the two quick links for all settled slips from this month and for all open slips).

Also - with the current state - you can try a little trick: set the filters to your liking, click on Filter and then bookmark the page in your browser. Next time you want to use the same filters, you can just click on that bookmark and it will take you to the exact same filters because all the information about the setting of the filters is stored in the URL address. (Of course you have to realize that if you e.g. filter the bets from current month, it will remain set to November forever unless you update the bookmark yourself - it will not automatically change to December etc.)

But as I said, we plan to make this customizable in the future, either by the possibility to set the default filters (through the Settings page) or by introducing filter templates.
amok01

Post by amok01 »

Hi, could be posible to see the results clasified by stakes?

I mean, the same as odds but with the stakes.

Regards
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:Hi, could be posible to see the results clasified by stakes?

I mean, the same as odds but with the stakes.

Regards
Thank you, this is a very interesting idea! We can't give you a timeframe but we have just put this to our to-do list and we will most probably implement this feature in the near future.
amok01

Post by amok01 »

Thank you. This will be very usefull tool.

Also would be good idea to check results by odds and stakes for each tipster, not only with global record.

Regards and thanks again.
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:Thank you. This will be very usefull tool.

Also would be good idea to check results by odds and stakes for each tipster, not only with global record.

Regards and thanks again.
Thank you, this is a very good idea as well. We already have this in our plans. We would like to make precise filtering possible in My Results (in the way it is available in My Bets).
amok01

Post by amok01 »

Cool, it will be very good!

Another question: I see that you can make your bet public once you grade the result, but I don't get the point of that. Would not be more interesting to make it public before game starts?

Best regards
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

amok01 wrote:Cool, it will be very good!

Another question: I see that you can make your bet public once you grade the result, but I don't get the point of that. Would not be more interesting to make it public before game starts?

Best regards
This is some misunderstanding, of course you can make your bet public before you settle it. The links to make a slip public or available to friends are exactly in the same place (upper right-hand corner of the page of the slip) ;)