Betting Strategies

Discussion about sports betting
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Betting Strategies

Post by Betmagnet »

What are you favourite sports and bet types?

Do you thoroughly analyze every pick or are you trying to develop some betting systems? :idea:
Eagle56

Re: Betting Strategies

Post by Eagle56 »

Hi,
first of all - thanks a lot for providing bettors with such an outstanding platform to keep record of bets and talk with each other. I'm betting since years and thats something that I really missed online.
So my thoughts of betting go to many directions.
Over the years I found sources in betting forums that are very helpful and reading a lot you have a list of names you know they are serious bettors who love to give good informations to others. Things like that I learned over the years by trying to analyse my bets in Excel. I think a lot of people who see betting as serious investment do the same - imo it is as a simply necessary tool to be successful in the long run. And of course watching sports gives you good feeling for leagues, teams, players, special situations or whatever. Sports I personally favour are tennis and soccer - thats what I also watch whenever my time allows but I also bet on other sports where I know punters have a good knowledge and a reasoning behind their picks I can follow.
Hope that helped a bit and wish everybody a lot of success and fun with this wonderful tool that will for sure help if you use it to analyse your bets seriously.
Cheers,
Eagle56
Eagle56

Post by Eagle56 »

Btw - I forgot about the betting types I use.
I'd say 90 percent of my bets are ASH.
They offer imo the best value and its allways worth to compare for expample the European 1 X 2 with ASH.
Often you even have at the same bookie slightly better odds on ASH -0,5 than on 1.
9 percent of my bets would be Over / Under Bets - sometimes an interesting market and I very seldom do a longtime bet cause simply too much can happen over a long season. So value on those bets would have to be tremendous and stakes very low considering it more as a fun bet.
Another point that I think is very important is to use single bets.
99 percent of my bets are singles. 1 percent sometimes combining two or max. three bets.
Combos are dangerous in the long run and thats exactly the reason why some bookies want you to place combos or give you bonus on odds if you do combos. They do that cause they know in the long run it will be their profit not yours.
But that's just my personal point of view and what years of betting told me.
So no matter who you decide to bet - analysing afterwards is always a good idea to improve your betting bank.
Cheers,
Eagle56
Betmagnet
Site Admin

Post by Betmagnet »

I agree with you, we also hope that a community of serious bettors emerges here over time and they will discuss well analyzed picks. In long term, Betmagnet will probably be used by punters who know what they are doing and that these stats will help them.
Eagle56

Post by Eagle56 »

I hope very much things will develop this cause
- a lot of forums are posting more quantity than quality and
- a lot of regional punters know a lot others don't.
So the conclusion is very simple.
Local knowledge is a big key to success - at least in some sports.
So that knowledge helps definitely if it's meant serious.
I don't know if its allowed to say - but my favourite forum is Betting Advice where I found the link to join you.
It gives me a lot to build my own opinion to read there. It helps me to be more sure of my own opinion, to give me new sights that maybe mean new betting opportunities or opinions that let me skip my bet.
It's all about sharing serious informations cause in the long run every bettor for sure will be pleasad to win.
This tool for sure will help a lot - not picking your winners - but analysing what went wrong or whats good.j
I'm very glad to have that tool - I helped myself with Excel - but crossing this site by accident (BA Forum once again) was definetely a big winner!